My rules as a casual gamer:
1) No grinding.
2) Must have fun.
3) No waiting around, maximize the time I have to play.
4) Only play for 2 hours max at a time. (this one’s for the wife and kids)
5) Keep it simple, stupid. I will not read every dev thread, rant or nerf about the game, I will just simply play it.
6) I will not be a crafter, nor a horde for inventory, I use what I need, share what I don’t, but horde nothing, make nothing.
7) I will be a female character. I don’t want to play 2 hours at a time staring at the back of a guy. Plus women advance faster in MMORPG’s and make more money. 🙂
8) I will not consume mass quantities of caffeeine or alchocol while playing the game. I will however, consume mass quantities of caffeeine or alchocol for other reasons 🙂
9) I will remind myself to always have fun, not to wait around and to see the first couple of rules on a regular basis.
10) There is no rule 10, but 10 rules sounds better then 9.
All of these are a reminder for me as I’m thinking of picking up EQ2 and joining up with some old friends and play this game.